|Medication Administration in Community Settings
REGISTER - PLEASE BILL MY ORGANIZATION
Medication Administration in Community Settings is a course designed to teach unlicensed staff how to administer medications safely and accurately. Students attending this course serve populations which may include people who have developmental disabilities, mobility impairments, mental illness, traumatic brain injury, chemical dependency, and elderly populations.
Our Medication Administration Course is always taught by a Registered Nurse along with a teaching assistant to help students that may need extra attention. We know that our students will learn best with a range of different activities and modes of learning. Our course is designed to give each student the information and attention that they need to confidently administer medications and accurately document their administration.
In this 7 hour course, students will participate in the following:
- Instructor demonstrations
- Lecture and discussion
- Hands-on practice administering medications
- Documentation worksheets and exercises
- A two part examination
Some licensing types require an observed skill assessment. Each student will demonstrate the correct procedure for giving medications directly one-on-one with a registered nurse. Skills demonstrated will include the passing of oral medications, topical medications, eye drops, and ear drops.
This course is not intended to compete with or replace the state-approved forty eight hour medication training course necessary to become a Trained Medication Aide.
According to the rules and regulations, unlicensed personnel must be appropriately trained to administer medications. This course has been designed to meet federal and state ICF/IID requirements.
ASL Interpreting Services
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
- HCS provides ASL interpreting services to one Medication Administration course per quarter. Classes marked with an asterisk (*) offer interpreting services. You must request an interpreter at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled training. If an interpreter is not requested, no interpreting services will be available the day of the course. In order to request interpreting services, please contact Dave.
||Wednesday, February 21, 2018